On behalf of the Federal Ministry of Education and Research, Division 413 – 'European Higher Education Area, Internationalisation', the National Contact Point for Marie Skłodowska-Curie actions (NCP MSC) provides information on the Marie Skłodowska-Curie actions (MSC), which are part of the EU Programme for Research and Innovation – Horizon 2020.The NCP MSC renders advice and assistance on funding opportunities, the application process, and project implementation to applicants and interested parties from research organisations, universities, enterprises, public bodies and associations.
Since April 2015, the NCP MSC has been located at the DLR Project Management Agency. As part of the German network of National Contact Points for Horizon 2020, the NCP MSC enjoys close relations with the other advisory offices in Germany.
The National Contact Point Marie Skłodowska-Curie actions offers the following services:
- providing information on funding opportunities and calls for proposals in the MSC programme;
- rendering advice on how to apply for funding from the Marie Skłodowska-Curie actions, on contract preparation and project implementation, including reporting;
- proofreading of project proposals, providing suggestions for improvement (usually until two weeks before the call deadline, please refer to the MSC newsletter for specifics);
- holding information events;
- providing further information, analyses and statistics;
- monthly newsletter with topical information on the Marie Skłodowska-Curie actions.
On international level, the German NCP MSC is part of the European network Net4Mobility+, a network of National MSC Contact Points in Europe and Third Countries with the aim to foster cooperation and communication.
The German NCP MSC is closely linked to EURAXESS Germany in particular – the National Coordination Point that provides information and advice to internationally mobile researchers wishing to come to Germany or go abroad to work in research. EURAXESS Germany forms part of a Europe-wide network of EURAXESS Centres. The objective of the EURAXESS network is to facilitate international mobility amongst scientists and scholars. EURAXESS Germany is also located at the DLR Project Management Agency.